Monday, August 17, 2009

Huh. My computer didn't eat this post, after all.

I went to a 21st the other night. It was for a girl I was sort-of friends with in high school, but I've only seen her a few times since then. I'd worked all day, was exhausted and seriously considered skipping it. Eventually I sucked it up, put on a dress that was only slightly wrinkled, hauled on some stockings because OF COURSE I couldn't be bothered shaving my legs that morning, and headed out. If I hadn't already bought the present I doubt I would have left the couch.


But it turned out to be an awesome night. I'd forgotten the way we can apparently not see each other for months or years and pick up where we left off. The atmosphere was so relaxed, and her friends are all lovely. Some of them even wrote a song for her (I want to steal all her friends, seriously)! It's making me rethink the whole "no 21st party, never, I refuse, you will have to drag me there kicking and screaming" thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment